600grams (or 4 metric cups) No Knead Pasta Dura flour
2 teaspoons No Knead natural improver
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoons No Knead dry active yeast (slightly rounded)
Fine Semolina for dusting
500mls very warm water (you will probably
not use all of this water)
2 teaspoons No Knead cold pressed oil
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, make a well.
2. Pour in ¾ of the liquid and the oil and mix thoroughly, adding small amounts of water until you have a stiff moist dough. NOTE: 50 to 100mls maybe left over
3. Cover the dough with CLING WRAP and allow the dough to double in size. (30 minutes)
4. Turn to the dough out onto a well-floured board or flat bench.
5. Shape the dough into a smooth ball, then divide in half. Shape each half into a smooth ball.
Slash dough 2 or 3 times with a sharp knife or blade(to increase crust) the dust with semolina
6. Lightly oil** a 700gram Pre-Seasoned bread tin.
7. Place both halves of dough into the tin, spray with water and sprinkle with Sesame or Poppy Seeds.
8. Allow loaves to rise for 15-20minutes, the place in a COLD oven and set the temperature to your normal bread making level (see below)
9. Cook for 30-35 minutes they will be golden and floury looking, turn out onto a cooling rack.
10. To clean your bread tins, wait till cool then wipe out with paper towel.
Electric- 220oC Fan Forced- 200oC Gas- 215oC
** Olive oil is a viscous oil (becomes sticky when heated) and is not recommended to baste our tins with before baking your bread. We use and recommend Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil.
Handy Hint: For slightly heavier bread omit second rise and place the bread into a Cold oven immediately.