USING ‘DOUGH SETTING’ TO CREATE DIFFERENT BREADS
-Make one batch of dough using the 500gram recipe for the following-
HOT DOGS – Oven Temps Electric 220oC, Fan Forced 195oC, Gas 215oC
1. Divide batch of dough into half, divide each half into 6 equal pieces, giving you 12 pieces.
2. Roll out each piece into a rectangle.
3. Spread a thin layer of mustard, cheese, sauce, onion or any other topping you like.
4. Place a skinless hotdog onto dough and roll dough around hotdog.
5. Place 2 hotdogs onto each side of a French Stick tin.
6. Spray with water and sprinkle with Sesame Seeds and allow to double in size.
7. Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
FOCCACIA – Oven Temps Electric 220oC, Fan Forced 195oC, Gas 215oC
1. Divide batch of dough into half, this will give you 2 Focaccias
2. Shape each piece into a ball, roll out onto well oiled Focaccia tray. (29cms x 29cms)
3. Mix oil, crushed garlic & Hot & Spicy mix and brush onto the top of each Focaccia.
4. Place Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes on top of the dough and leave to rise.
5. Press the topping into the dough and sprinkle with Sesame Seeds then place in the oven.
6. Cook for 15 minutes, then cover with foil and cook for further 15 minutes or until golden brown.
PITA BREADS –
1. Divide batch of dough into half, then divide each half into four equal pieces, this will give you eight Pita breads.
2. Shape each piece into a ball then roll out to the size of a saucer.
3. Pre heat your griller to HIGH.
4. When you have rolled out the 8 Pita breads, sprinkle a tray with Medium Semolina and place one or two Pita breads on the tray.
5. Place under griller, 4 – 5 inches away from the element and cook until edges start to puff.
6. Turn over and cook until the whole Pita has puffed up.
7. Turn over once more and cook until all the Pita is lightly browned.
METHOD FOR MAKING DOUGH WITH THE “DOUGH SETTING”
1. Using the 750gram loaf recipe, put all the dry ingredients into the machine and add the liquids.
2. Set the machine to ‘DOUGH’ and press start.
3. When the dough has finished its cycle, remove the dough from the machine, place on a well floured board, cover with CLING WRAP and leave to rise for 5 minutes.
4. When the dough has risen, use the dough as per recipe.
TO MAKE A LOAF OF BREAD IN A TIN FOLLOW THE REST OF THESE STEPS
5. Divide in half, shape each piece into a smooth ball.
6. Using a 700gm Pre-Seasoned tin, place the two balls smooth side uppermost into the tin
7. Spray with water and sprinkle with Sesame or Poppy Seeds and allow to double in size in a warm area.
8. Place into a pre-heated oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
OVEN TEMPERATURES – Electric – 220oC, Fan Forced – 195oC, Gas – 215oC