Makes 2 Cob loaves
600 grams spelt flour (can be 1/2 white spelt 1/2
Wholemeal spelt flour)
1 Tablespoon Simply No Knead Dry Yeast
2 Teaspoons Simply No Knead bread improver
2 Teaspoons salt
2 Teaspoons sugar
500mls of Warm Water (200mls boiling 300mls cold)
2 Teaspoons Cold Pressed Sunflower oil *We use and recommend Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil.
Hardware: 2 x Cob Tins (Available from Simply No Knead Bread Making) for a better baked loaf.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, make a well.
2. Pour in Â¾ of the liquid and the oil and mix thoroughly, adding small amounts of water until you have a moist stiff dough. NOTE: 50 to 100mls of water maybe left over.
3. Cover the dough with CLING WRAP and allow the dough to double in size.
4. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured board or flat bench.
5. Shape the dough into a smooth ball, then divide in half. Shape each half into a smooth ball.
6. Lightly oil 2 Pre-Seasoned Cob tins. (If you only have one tin, make one loaf then repeat steps)
7. Place each half of dough into each tin.
8. Allow the dough to double in size. Spray with water and sprinkle with Sesame or Poppy Seeds.
9. Place into a pre-heated oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
10.To clean your bread tins, wait till cool then wipe out with paper towel
Electric- 220oC Fan Forced- 200oC Gas- 215oC
NB: You can add in 3-4 Tablespoons of Sunflower Kernels or Kaipseed Mix with your dry ingredients to make a Grainy Hi-fibre variation.