500 GM Kamut Flour
2 teaspoons SNK Dry Active Yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon SNK Natural Bread Improver
* 360 -380ml water
2 teaspoons Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
Simply place all above ingredients in your machine and press start on a Basic Loaf setting (approx. 3 hours)
*You may need to adjust the water amount.
Weigh your flour accurately. If your loaf sinks on the top just cut back a little on the water. If it is rough on the top you may add a little more water.
Quite often ancient grains like kamut and spelt will rise beautifully in your machine and then in the final bake will flatten out. For best results use the Dough setting-let the machine mix the dough and then use your oven to cook the bread.
Using a Dough Setting:
1.Dough setting used to mix and complete first rise.(Use amounts above.) (Allow Approx 1hour 40 minutes)
2. Turn to the dough out onto a well-floured board or flat bench.
3. Shape the dough into a smooth ball, then divide in half. Shape each half into a smooth ball.
4. Lightly oil a 700gram Pre-Seasoned bread tin.
5. Place both halves of dough into the tin, spray with water and sprinkle with Sesame or Poppy Seeds.
6. Allow the dough to double in size.
7. Place into a pre-heated oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
8. To clean your bread tins, wait till cool then wipe out with paper towel
9. To make a grain loaf, add 3 to 4 TABS of your favourite grains.
Electric- 220oC Fan Forced- 200oC Gas- 215oC
NB: You may find that the top of your loaf sinks whilst baking in the oven. This is often the case with ancient grains such as Kamut when making a high tin loaf. You may find using this amount of dough to make one small loaf in a 500gm Tin/ Cob Tin /Vienna Tin & a few rolls or a French stick will work well as an alternative.