This recipe will make a 700gram loaf.
600grams of any Bread Mix
1 x Rounded Tablespoon of of SNK Yeast
500mls of Warm Water (200mls boiling, 300mls cold) or enough to make a stiff moist dough.
2 x Teaspoons *Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
*We use and recommend Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil.
* Using Sweet Bread Mix – use less water to make a stiff moist dough.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, make a well.
2. Pour in Â¾ of the liquid and the oil and mix thoroughly, adding small amounts of water until you have a stiff moist dough. NOTE: 50 to 100mls maybe left over
3. Cover the dough with CLING WRAP and allow the dough to double in size. (30 minutes)
4. Turn to the dough out onto a well-floured board or flat bench.
5. Shape the dough into a smooth ball, then divide in half. Shape each half into a smooth ball.
6. Lightly oil a 700gram Pre-Seasoned bread tin.
7. Place both halves of dough into the tin, spray with water and sprinkle with Sesame or Poppy Seeds.
8. Allow the dough to double in size.
9. Place into a pre-heated oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
10. To clean your bread tins, wait till cool then wipe out with paper towel
11. To make a grain loaf, add 3 to 4 TABS of your favourite grains.
Fan Forced- 200oC
VARIATIONS USING BREAD MIXES:
You may vary the above recipe by using any of the mixes, you can use any proportion as long as the final weight of the flour is correct. For example– For a HIGH TIN LOAF, use 300grams VERONA and 300grams TUSCANY. To make a RYE loaf use 300grams of either LIGHT or DARK RYE and 300grams TUSCANY.
– To make a GRAIN loaf use 300grams of either SWISS, GENEVA and 300grams TUSCANY