This recipe will make 2 focaccia.
This recipe is really simple to make. Served with minestrone soup, eaten with a salad, a barbeque or made into sandwiches it will be a family favourite.
600gms(or 4 Cups) No Knead Untreated Bread flour
1 rounded Tablespoon Simply No Knead Yeast
2 Teaspoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons No Knead Natural Improver
1 cup grated tasty cheese
500mls warm water(200 boiling:300 cold)
2 Teaspoons Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
Sundried Tomato & Olive Filling
2 Tablespoons Herb & Garlic Mix
Marinated sundried tomatoes
Stuffed marinated olives
1. Measure out all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, make a well.
2. Pour ¾ of the liquid and oil, mix thoroughly. Add enough of remaining liquid to make a moist,stiff dough.
3. Cover with Cling Wrap. Allow to double in size.
4. When risen, discard cling wrap, turn dough out onto a well-floured board and shape into a smooth ball.
5. Divide in half. Shape both pieces of dough into smooth balls. Roll out each piece of dough into a circle 2-3 cm smaller than the tray.
6. Place the dough onto the Swiss Roll tray covered with glad bake.
7. Spread your favourite topping over all the dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with the sundried tomatoes and stuffed olives.
8. Allow to double in size. Indent the sundried tomatoes and stuffed olives with your thumb just before placing in the oven, push topping well into the dough.
9. Place in pre-heated oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, placing foil on top of dough half way through cooking time.
10. When cooked, remove from tray, place onto a cooling rack immediately.
ELECTRIC… 210oC FAN FORCED… 180oC GAS… 210oC
NB: If using a bread mix omit salt, sugar and bread improver all else remains the same.