Filled with raspberry jam and fluffy icing, and topped with bakers icing, shredded coconut and glace cherries this will be so popular with children and adults alike. It is the perfect “cake” for all Christmas functions, school parties, work lunches, break up parties or family get togethers.
200 mls milk
600gm Tuscany Bread Mix or Sweet Bread Mix
1 Tablespoon Simply No Knead Dry Yeast.
¼ Cup of Vanillin sugar
2 teaspoons cold pressed sunflower oil
EGG GLAZE:1 egg beaten together with 1 tablespoon water
EXTRAS: Baker’s Icing, Shredded Coconut, Red & Green Glace Cherries
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and make a well.
- Heat the milk and water to very warm.
- Add the egg, oil and ¾ of the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well, adding enough of the remaining water to get a stiff moist dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to double in size.
- Once doubled, turn dough out onto a well floured board and shape into a ball. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, then divide each quarter into 4 – giving you 16 equal pieces.
- Line a large flat tray with glad bake.
- Shape each piece of dough into a small ball. Place the buns on the tray in rows beginning with 1 then 2, 3, 4, 5. The remaining piece shape into a “pot” and place at the base.
- Brush with egg glaze and allow to double.
- Place into a pre-heated oven and cook for 25 minutes, covering with foil after 15 minutes.
- Slide onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Using a bread knife make a cut down into each bun and fill with jam and fluffy icing. Top each bun with baker’s icing, shredded coconut and a piece of glace cherry.
OVEN TEMPERATURES: Electric 190*C Fan Forced 170*C Gas 190*C