100% Rye Flour will make a very heavy rye bread which is great for lovers of rye bread. For a lighter loaf blend it with combination of other flours
(Untreated; Pasta Dura;Wholemeal or Spelt)
600grams (or 4 metric cups) 100% Rye Flour
(*Option:300g Rye Flour:300gm Untreated Bread Flour)
2 teaspoons No Knead natural improver
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon No Knead dry active yeast (slightly rounded)
500mls very warm water (200ml boiling + 300ml cold)
2 teaspoons No Knead cold pressed oil
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, make a well.
2. Pour in Â¾ of the liquid and the oil and mix thoroughly, adding small amounts of water until you have a stiff moist dough.
3. Cover the dough with CLING WRAP and allow the dough to double in size. (30 minutes)
4. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured board or flat bench.
5. Shape the dough into a smooth ball, then divide in half. Shape each half into a smooth ball.
6. Lightly oil** a 700gram Pre-Seasoned bread tin.
7. Place both halves of dough into the tin.
8. Allow the dough to double in size. Spray with water and sprinkle with Sesame or Poppy Seeds.
9. Place into a pre-heated oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
10. To clean your bread tins, wait till cool then wipe out with paper towel
11. To make a grain loaf, add 3 to 4 TABS of your favourite grains at Step 1.
Electric- 220oC Fan Forced- 200oC Gas- 215oC
*We recommend a blend of white spelt flour and wholemeal spelt flour for a lighter wholemeal bread.
** Olive oil is a viscous oil (becomes sticky when heated) and is not recommended to baste our tins with before baking your bread. We use and recommend Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil.